• File not found / invalid path

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #52373  by MKochS

tomcat-8.5.34, Version: 6.3.9 (build: e57b626)

I have uploaded a document and it shows up in my desktop. When I am trying to access it, however, it isn't found. I am getting this message in catalina.out:
Code: Select all
2021-05-09 15:16:15,945 [http-nio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-1] ERROR c.o.s.frontend.ConverterServlet - /opt/tomcat-8.5.34/repository/datastore/c7/d5/8c/62/c7d58c62-dc99-48d3-8a68-d2ea672a6c4e (Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/tomcat-8.5.34/repository/datastore/c7/d5/8c/62/c7d58c62-dc99-48d3-8a68-d2ea672a6c4e (Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden)
This is no surprise because "/opt/tomcat-8.5.34/repository/datastore/c7/d5" doesn't even exist. A file named "c7d58c62-dc99-48d3-8a68-d2ea672a6c4e" can't be found either. What's going on here?

Kind regards
Matthias
 #52374  by MKochS

It probably makes sense to explain my workflow:

1. A document scanner copies the pdf to a directory.
2. a cronjob moves the scanned pdfs to a webdav-mounted directory (davfs2) in my openkm workspace. From /etc/fstab:
http://<openkm-host>/webdav/okm_personal/<username> <userdirectory> davfs noauto,user,uid=<username>,<credentials and path to config file> 0 0
This has been in use for months now, without any recent changes.
 #52392  by jllort

Check if the file exist in the repository or not ( sometimes exist but because started with root users the standard openkm user do not have grants to access ). If do not exist, then have lost binary data ( should recover from backup if have one )
 #52401  by MKochS

A very odd thing: I've had four missing files, and they have, for whatever reason, ended up with their full paths in /datastore (right in the machine's root directory), not in /opt/tomcat/repository/datastore. Moved them back into the correct path and we were fine. Thanks a lot for your help and attention anyway.
Take good care
Matthias

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.