• [SOLVED] Changes to translation lost

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #22529  by baiki

Hi,

I tried to update the German translation using the built-in edit tools. The fields marked red are the ones I'd like to update. Once I did this, I clicked at the bottom of the page on send. One might think it's saved but if I open the translation again... gone. What did I do wrong again?

Baiki
Last edited by baiki on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #22557  by jllort

Which is you OpenKM version ?
Can you try change only one field, and make two screenshots capture of field changed and button you click.
 #22618  by pavila

I was not able to reproduce the issue. Anyway I have included some changes that may prevent this problem. Please, try the night build from http://integration.openkm.com/6.2/. Download it tomorrow because I have just uploaded the changes and the system won't generate a new WAR until this night.
 #22631  by baiki

Hello,

I downloaded the .war file and will try to figure how to update the other server with this one. By the way: I tried it as well in an installation within Virtualbox with the 6.2.2 (but now updated to 6.2.3 and MySQL) but I have the same there. So it seems I must have made somewhere a mistake. Hopefully I have some answers tomorrow.

Thanks a lot.
Baiki
 #22681  by baiki

Hello again,

So, here is what I did:
1. I downloaded the said .war file
2. I shutdown the Tomcat server
3. Replaced the .war file
4. Started the server again
5. and still no joy since my translation changes are not saved

Thanks,
Baiki
 #22711  by jllort

Are you executing browser from server or network ? do you have some kind of filter, proxy or similar in your network ?
 #22724  by baiki

Pretty normal setup. All within a 192.168.0/24 network, no proxy, no firewalls, no filter whatsoever. As I said, there is a Dual Core 3 GHz, 2GB, Ubuntu 12.04 64bit server with MySQL and OKM 6.2.3, and a Virtualbox version. Both have this strange behavior. Existing entries are modifiable, but the ones with red background are not. There's no browser on server (elinks is really not nice with OKM) and therefore I use Chromium and Firefox on Linux Mint.

EDIT 1: It turns out that probably just one data record is affected. Unfortunately I just tried always the first red entry which reads: 65 frontend OKM-016004 Lock denied
EDIT 2: Tried to find a logfile with some information but... didn't find any appropriate file with error messages
 #22751  by jllort

translations are based on english base. If not exist in english base has no sense to translate, could be some extra translation than really is not needed. Actually on each update we got a task to insert and update new values but not to delete deprecated that could be the nature of the problem.

make some query like this to see if really the key exists in english version:
Code: Select all
SELECT * FROM OKM_TRANSLATION where TR_LANGUAGE = 'en-GB' and TR_KEY='activitylog.action';
I have not more ideas about the cause of the problem. If persists I suggest export -> sql file ( modify there ) and import language. Sincerally this is first time somebody has report this strange issue.
 #22765  by baiki

jllort wrote:translations are based on english base. If not exist in english base has no sense to translate, could be some extra translation than really is not needed. Actually on each update we got a task to insert and update new values but not to delete deprecated that could be the nature of the problem.

make some query like this to see if really the key exists in english version:
SELECT * FROM OKM_TRANSLATION where TR_LANGUAGE = 'en-GB' and TR_KEY='activitylog.action';
I have not more ideas about the cause of the problem. If persists I suggest export -> sql file ( modify there ) and import language. Sincerally this is first time somebody has report this strange issue.
Guess we have a misunderstanding. I tried to capture my screen. Please have a look here: http://www.filedropper.com/okm-translat ... omalityogv
 #22776  by jllort

I found the problem, really was difficult to to indentify the reason althought was stupid mistake in sql file ( an extra space ). I have updated dutch translation file in wiki language packs.

You can execute it
UPDATE OKM_TRANSLATION SET TR_KEY='OKM-016004' where TR_KEY='OKM-016004 ';
 #22777  by baiki

jllort wrote:I found the problem, really was difficult to to indentify the reason althought was stupid mistake in sql file ( an extra space ). I have updated dutch translation file in wiki language packs.

You can execute it
UPDATE OKM_TRANSLATION SET TR_KEY='OKM-016004' where TR_KEY='OKM-016004 ';
Did you mean Dutch or German? Maybe another misunderstanding?
 #22778  by baiki

Thanks a lot. Confirmed. It works now... now I can start translating it into Swiss German (de-CH) ;-)

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.