• How to change deault documents' order?

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #931  by OpenKMFans

Hi,guys,
i find all of the documents are listed under Alphabetical order,but i think most of people are likely to read the latest document, could it be arranged by time ?
what should i do ?

thank you.
 #933  by jllort

Really now you can\'t do. By default OpenKM show folders and documents ordered alphabetically. You\'re purposing different kind of default ordering by user, for example someones wants las document ordered by defatul, others alphabetically, etc... you\'re thinking on this way ?
 #938  by OpenKMFans

thanks,jllort.
As for me, i like to view which document is uploaded recently, just like to read latest news. When the documents become more and more, i think it\'s difficult to view ones in last three days.
actually,in these days, i have created one folder named \'the latest ones\' to upload the latest documents in recent three days, and another folder named \'the valuest ones\' to save the ones that we think have most value. Maybe this solution is not appropriate.
 #943  by jllort

Values ones, could be some property assigned -> metadata. ( for example interesting level on some area -> a values list ).

And with new enhancement, daily user queries on OpenKM 2.1 ( not yet released )-> user could program interesting queries for him, related with metadata.

Could it solve it ? Because the latest ones on some big repository could be not good new information for end user, always how much especific news gets end user better for him ? how you see it ?

On OpenKM 2.1 we\'ve included last 20 uploaded files dashboard information. Probably we\'ll include most downloaded this week and last month.
 #946  by OpenKMFans

thank u, jllort,
As a administrator, I often upload useful reports to share with my colleagues, and hope that they could download the reports and study the content. Though the OpenKM is a power multi-user collaboration system, someone plays the main role. I\'m not only a system administrator, but also the role to upload and managerment the documents, so i want to attract my colleagues to read that\'s why i creat \'the latest ones\' folder and the \'the valuest ones\' folder.
 #947  by jllort

OK, we\'ll understand the idea. You want something like a rss, but general for repository or only by user ? We think are two different cases and different uses. You purpose seems at first, to be for all repository, because yours could only usefull for small users ( or a minor group ).

From our perspective, \"the value ones\" solution is metadada and end user query executed each time logins on app ( it\'ll be on V 2.1 ). The lates ones is solved too on 2.1 ( but we only show the latest 20 new files ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.