• Can't add note

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #21501  by almog6

Hi all.

When I press on the add note button, I am get the note window, but I can't change anything in it.
I entered the administration menu and I have a permission to add notes. I even tried as the administrator, but it happened in it too.

I searched in the WIKI but didn't find anything. Is there is something I am missing?

My system is:
Ubuntu 12.04 server
Open KM 6.2.2

Thanks
 #21504  by michaeled

Are You trying from Chrome? Try with an other like Firefox
 #21506  by almog6

I tried Safari, Internet explorer, Chrome and Firefox. All Failed.
 #21532  by pavila

Any error shown? Please, attach an screenshot.
 #39533  by mohasinmujawar56

I am also facing the same problem.
I am using OpenKM 6.3 on Windows 7 as well as on Windows Server 2008 R2.
error_add_notes.PNG
error_add_notes.PNG (10.71 KiB) Viewed 5687 times
When you click on Add button notes are getting added....
 #39558  by jllort

These screenshot is not helping, it'll be better if the screenshot are will include something else more than the text area, and also if the text area include some text. Because on the capture we're seeing empty ? Also information about browser version etc... will be appreciated. If we haven't the details to reproduce the problem, we can't solve it.
 #39674  by pavila

Does it work with Firefox?
 #39679  by pavila

Also works with Chrome 34
 #39680  by pavila

Testes with Chrome 43 in Windows and works fine. Do you have the last night build installed?
 #39694  by mohasinmujawar56

Can you please tell me which files needs to be modified as I have made lot of changes in original source code. So if you tell me the files or build number in which it has been fixed I will compare and make necessary changes.
 #39701  by jllort

I observe you got 6.2.2, do you got any problem to upgrade to 6.3 ?

About related files, should take a loot at com.openkm.frontend.client.widget.properties.Notes.java class

These are the files from 6.3 and 6.2.2
https://sourceforge.net/p/openkm/code/H ... Notes.java
and
https://sourceforge.net/p/openkm/code/H ... Notes.java
 #39709  by pavila

I think this was fixed a long time ago, even before releasing the version. This is not a recent fix.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.