• For images, can preview .jpg but cannot preview .tif or .eps

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #19621  by nrdorf

my path for system.imagemagick.convert is /usr/bin/convert

can preview my jpeg photos just fine. However, for tif and eps the conversion is producing damaged PDF files. I cannot open those files even directly from the cache folder
 #19651  by shaardu

Yeah tif files are not working in community but online demo works, the solution what I did was to change through source code...In converterservlet, tiff2pdf function doesnt work, what you need to do is to change that to "img2pdf" and it ll work...I don know why tiff2pdf doesnt work!
 #19670  by nrdorf

from the command line, using sample file (named PO.tif), the expression:

convert PO.tif PO.pdf resulted in the creation of a perfectly readable pdf file. So /usr/bin/convert is indeed working from the command line.

Something bad is happening with the interface between convert and OpenKM

As for img2pdf, I have not found a debian package or any way to obtain this???
 #19722  by nrdorf

Has anyone else experienced the TIF preview issue on 6.2.1? If so, any other methods of addressing the problem without modifying source or deviating from the recommended configuration?

Weird, I can use the command line to convert the TIFF to a PDF, and then I can use the command line to read that very same PDF I created to make a SWF, which in turn I can see is viewable by opening in Firefox. But the end-to-end process, when triggered from within the OpenKM browser UI, fails.

Is this indeed a recognized bug that is being worked on for a future point release?

Otherwise, for anyone who has this working, I would be curious to know, what Linux distro / version, what OpenKM version, and any particular parameters added to /usr/bin/convert?

Thanks
 #19733  by jllort

.eps file extension is photoshop no ? imagemagick should convert it ( only a note for .ps extension (postscript) files should be configured ps2pdf ). Anyway could be implemented. Take in consideration test first in terminal ( for example with office files sometimes there're problem when ms office upgrades and then file format changes, could be similar problem but I doutb )
 #19787  by nrdorf

from the command line:

test file PO.tif
output file okmPO.pdf

convert PO.tif okmPO.pdf

error message (warning):
Code: Select all
/tmp/magick-03WWlbhZ: Warning, incorrect count for field "DateTime" (11, expecting 20); tag ignored.
/tmp/magick-AqG5PtNl: Warning, incorrect count for field "DateTime" (11, expecting 20); tag ignored.
ndorf@cray-A770M-A:~/Desktop$

The file okmPO.pdf was still created despite the warning. And, I can open that resulting pdf file with Acrobat Reader and view it just fine.

Perhaps the warning message, not providing a retcode of zero, is throwing OpenKM off?
 #19827  by jllort

This can be the cause because althought is shown as warning at the same time is shown error message (warning): it would be needed understanding if finish with some return error flag.
 #20006  by rbahntje

Some problem with 6.2.1 community edition.

It seems that when I upload a TIFF file, the system act as if it is a PDF file, this is from catalina.log:
Code: Select all
2012-12-23 21:48:49,761 [http-bio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-19] WARN  com.openkm.util.ExecutionUtils - Abnormal program termination: 1
2012-12-23 21:48:49,761 [http-bio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-19] WARN  com.openkm.util.ExecutionUtils - CommandLine: [/opt/tomcat-7.0.27/bin/pdf2swf, , /opt/tomcat-7.0.27/repository/cache/pdf/8fd5f2bc-229d-4fed-aed3-515dc608c47c[b].pdf[/b], -o, /opt/tomcat-7.0.27/repository/cache/swf/8fd5f2bc-229d-4fed-aed3-515dc608c47c.swf]
2012-12-23 21:48:49,761 [http-bio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-19] WARN  com.openkm.util.ExecutionUtils - STDERR: Error: Couldn't open file ''
2012-12-23 21:48:49,762 [http-bio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-19] ERROR com.openkm.servlet.frontend.ConverterServlet - Error: Couldn't open file ''
com.openkm.core.ConversionException: Error: Couldn't open file ''
        at com.openkm.util.DocConverter.pdf2swf(DocConverter.java:467)

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.