• Using LDAP + Local User DB

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #18806  by Rudolf21

Hi there!

Is it possible to use LDAP and the local user database at the same time?
As I would like to be able to login with the okadmin or another local admin if the LDAP connection fails.
As far as I know there's no local configuration file to change the settings I made on the Web Configuration GUI.

(Using OpenKM 6.2)

Thanks in advance!
 #18827  by jllort

Is not possible, you should use database or ldap. Aditional if you want this kind of configuration you should make some changes in source code, and is possible configure spring to several sources.
 #20809  by oktaya

I think this is possible. For my install I did not remove the Database auth stuff but merely added the LDAP stuff in the config and it worked. I don't remember the specifics now. This is probably what's called Authentication Chaining in the Java world. Of course the openKM interface will only show one set of users (either those from the database or from ldap) but existing users will work (?) .
 #20982  by jllort

It's possible in spring use several authentication poll, but OpenKM source code has not implemented this kind of feature. If you want to collaborate on it you're welcome.
 #21205  by oktaya

I only did this by putting both authentication mechanisms in the config file. I think this is standard java stuff which I am not really very experienced with except for a few times I've seen it in other projects under Chaining Authentication.
 #21225  by jllort

put in OpenKM.xml is only the 50% of the problem the next 50% is make changes in source code to get several polls ( at least two, default openkm db and ldap at same time ). That obviously can be more complex but this will be the first step.

I you want collaborate in source code for it you're welcome.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.