• OpenKM and Abby Flexi Capture

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #18309  by waltz

It's my first post on this forum so; Helo everybody

I try OpenKM and found that it's great tool to manage documents. I saw a video showing that OpenKM can work with Abbyy FlexiCapture (import documents and metadata in text file) but there's any sample configuration for this issue.
Is any on some "free pages" or I should pay for prof version ?
 #18322  by jllort

This library is only available from professional version. Althought it OpenKM WS api is public in community version too and is what is used for doing it, that mean you could integrate any application yourself.

Depending your ocr need there's more expensive or cheap ocr engine solution, if you contact with us http://www.openkm.com/en/contact.html we will offering you several solutions depending your problem.

You can explain here too your problem and I can suggest I way for doing yourself.
 #18324  by waltz

Thanks for you reply.

We start project where some kind of form documents should be scanned, then some fileds should be recognized as they properites (we test it with Abbyy and works very good). Documents should be uploaded to DMS and be searchable via these propoerties.
I saw video on you webpage - integration on this video it's exactly what I need :)
 #18334  by jllort

I hope you're not confusion abby fine reader than abby flexicapture. Abby fine reader cost is about $100 abby flexicapture is in other cost level. Arrived here I suggest contact with us here http://www.openkm.com/en/contact.html and indicate in the form the url of this post.
 #18340  by jllort

An you know the cost of it etc...
how much different kinds of documents to doing ocr zonal do you have ?
 #18344  by waltz

Yes, I know how much it cost :)

We start with one kind of documents but i think it could be 3 or 4.
 #18402  by jllort

OK, depending the type of documents and the kind of metadata you want to extract could be some cheaper option, but without seeing the tree type of documents and understaning how can be scanned I can not suggest other kind of solutions. We received your mail, send us - if you can - one example of each type and tell us which metadata want to extract.
 #44643  by andy__

jllort, can your advice me about OCR system too?
We have 3-4 standard forms and we want to automate capturing, naming and "moving" documents based on information from documents.
I understood that solutions from ABBYY are very very expensive and are not suitable for small business.
 #44646  by jllort

OpenKM Zone OCR was developed to solve this kind of problems ( we do not wanted to replace kofax , abby or other data capture ), companies with few templates ( or one ) and what comes with simple structure. In this video can watch how it works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkYS33I88oU

I suggest contact with us using the website contact form https://www.openkm.com/en/contact.html, ask to sales & marketing explaining your problem and they will try to give you the best option, we do not only work with kofax or abby, we also working with other ocr data capture engines. Here the question is understanding the problem you have, what kind of documents need to capture data and check if it's possible doing with open source technology or you need payment one. From there we can suggest a solution.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.