• MS SQL Authentication - user.properties exception

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #795  by 955

Hi Team

I have OpenKM/JBoss authenticating correctly against my MS SQL database. I\'ve renamed the default openkm-users.properties and openkm-roles.properties files to prove everything was working OK.

Login works as expected but I keep getting this exception on OpenKM actions.
Code: Select all
12:46:36,757 ERROR [STDERR] java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\\OpenKM\\OpenKM-2.0_JBoss-4.2.2.GA\\server\\default\\conf\\props\\openkm-users.properties (The
system cannot find the file specified)
Obviously...this is as expected as the properties file has bene renamed but why is OpenKM still referencing user.properties when I\'ve switched to database authentication? Which method haven\'t I properly updated?
I notice under the security tab in OpenKM no users are listed so I assume I\'ve missed a step!
 #798  by jllort

Yes you need one step more.

Extend class principalAdapter with your own class to get users and roles from your table structure.

Search on this forum \"principalAdapter\" and take a look at documentation specially the openkm configuration section.

You\'ll need to compile project :( take a look at developer guide too.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.