• Repository - Access sharing

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #784  by eterzella

Very good software. I wonder if there is setting up repositorio remotely.

For example: the OpenKM install a server, and repositorio is on another server.
 #787  by tidus2728

Hi,

I think that is possible but I have not tried it yet. I fear that it may cause heavier traffic on my network if the repository is on another server and OpenKM on another. But I think pavila or jllort can help.
 #789  by jllort

You could do it on a share network resource or config ( during install ) database support. Remember all must be done before first time openkm running, after it you must reconfigure repository ( some migration ) etc...

But we don\'t recomend this configuration for basis installation.

On network configuration you\'ll lose some performance and creates more traffic than necessary on your network.

On database configuration, you\'ll lose some performance too when you get the blob files.

The best configuration is a mixed configuration between database for basic information nodes and hard disk to set blobs files ( is where you lose less time getting file if file is on database you lose time caching on hard disk always ). Note: OpenKm by default comes with all information stored on hard disk, for better perfomance you must configure - only - information nodes to any database ( mysql, postgresql are fine for it, or other ).

Really by default OpenKM downloaded configuration goes really fine for major installations ( normal ) if you decide to try some database configuration it\'s better for performance install on the same server.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.