• prevent creating folder and file under okm:root directory

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #17384  by taihung

After installing OpenKM, I found any users can create folders and files under okm:root directory.
I've tried to change UserRole permission to read only under okm:root, and even tried to remove it.
But it seems that I cannot change UserRole's permission under okm:root.

Is it possible to deny any users but administrator creating folder and file under okm:root directory?
Thanks.
 #17388  by jllort

Obviously by roles, the idea is remove UserRole and change to other roles ( users can have one or more roles ) and give them only read accessing revoking others.
 #17405  by taihung

I've tried adding another role AAA, let user A only belong to this role.
Set role AAA read only in okm:root directory.
The result still the same, user A can create file and folder.
Even worse, I cannot delete role AAA from okm:root's security setting.

I followed michaeled's suggestion, and successfully removed UserRole's privilege to create file and folder under okm:root.
Thanks.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.