• Mail Import Not Working

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #15373  by elsteve

OpenKM 5.1.9 build 7447 (Using this build because it fixed repository import metadata)

When I set up a users mail account in the administrative tools and click the 'check' button, I receive the 'Success!' message. All good.
I have set the schedule.mail.importer to 1 (have also tried 10, 30, 60)

Emails are not being imported.

If I click the 'Force User Mail Import' button in Administrative Tools | Users I see the following message in the server.log
Code: Select all
ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase. [jboss.web].[localhost].[/OpenKM].[MailAccountServlet]] Servlet.service() for servlet MailAccountServlet threw exception java.lang.NullPointer Exception

ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost]] Exception Processing ErrorPage[exceptionType=java.lang.Exception, location=/error.jsp]
java.lang.IllegalStateException
EDIT: Confirmed - same error on 5.1.10 build 7481
Any thoughts?
 #15395  by elsteve

michaeled wrote:Do u have the same problem with POP and IMAP ? on multiple different servers ?
Interesting - When configured using IMAPS to my mail server with Intermedia, the import works fine.

When using IMAPS to gmail I get the above mentioned errors - anyone have some specifics on configuring for gmail access?
 #15407  by jllort

Which folder name are you using on gmail ?
 #15410  by elsteve

jllort wrote:Which folder name are you using on gmail ?
Inbox

It passes the initial check when setting up the mail account...
 #15427  by elsteve

I'll go with the Intermedia implementation and forgo Gmail now - thanks for eveyrones input.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.