• Adding/Customizing left pane view

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #582  by johan

Hi,

We have been using OpenKM for a while, and everyone at our company is positivley impressed. Even our salesman is using it without having problems using it :)

We do have some little issues with the LDAP setup, but we are in the progress to \'debug\' this issue. We are using Fedora Directory Services as our LDAP server. When this is solved, we will post this here.

One little question :

The plane view, where the label taxonomy, My Documents, Templates etc are, is it possible to customzize these ? Is it a good idea to create eg other things like eg Customers, Partners and assign to them the properties from Taxonomy or \'My Documents\' since these are 2 templates that are usefull ? This could be seen als the top level subdirectory in eg Taxonomy one should create ?

Thanks for OpenKM

Johan
 #584  by jllort

If I understand well ...

You suggest to create some folder like customer and partners on taxonomy. And has two new stack panels for it. That\'s the idea ?

I must think about it, because it\'s not trivial.

Then all users as you suggest see 6 panels, taxonomy, my documents, templates, trash, customers and partners is that ?
 #587  by jllort

OK,

We\'ll something more about it ... any user can define it, or must be defined by administrator, what your purposing is somethinkg like a view of taxonomy on a stackpanel. Any user can define their views ? or is more insteresting only are defined some ones, for all users.

The option to define someones fixed for all users seems good ... ( specially for some users ), but the option to be defined for any user as he wants looks good too ... what you think about it.

I\'ll put this post on our tracking system to study how it coul be done it.
 #588  by johan

Hi,

I think defining those type of views is the task of the \'administrator\'.
I think of it as a \'top level\' organization of the company documentation, and this should be the same for all users. On this level, this should be fixed for everyone.

If \'everyone\' could modify those views, I believe after a while this could be getting some big \'mess\'. Users should organize there data on sublevels, and this can be done using \'regular directory tree\'.

Adding a switch to allow this also on User level could be handy.

And is should even getting better if one could attach some type of \'Userrol\' to the stackpanel entries. For the 4 existing ones, I should leave those fixed. This way one could define \'stackpanels\' for eg department docs. And only those who have sufficient rights will see their stackpanel.

Just some thoughts :)

Greetings

Johan
 #589  by jllort

Yes I think we\'re on the same way.

Panel definition must be organization upper role, a parametrization for all company.

And security credentials for panels looks good idea too. I\'ll study it too. This goes on the way of a more personalized UI by user.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.