• Changing session expire time

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #563  by zxlllk

Is there any way that I can change the amount of time it takes for a session to automatically expire? I keep closing my internet explorer (out of habbit) instead of quitting the correct way. After I do this I have to either restart OpenKM or wait 30 minutes before I can log in again. It would be great if I could configure OpenKM sessions to expire after a shorter amount of time.
 #568  by pavila

You can access as \"system\" user and force a session expiration. Anyway, if you want to change this amount os time (not recommended), you have to edit the file Config.java.
 #573  by zxlllk

Thanks a lot for your help. I think I will manage by just logging in as the admin and logging myself out manually.
 #613  by Xupiter57

I took a look at the Config.java file, and the pertinent config value is, I think, SESSION_EXPIRATION, correct? I see this value being initialized, but I do not see it being used elsewhere within the file. Would you be able to point me in the direction of the file in which this value is used? Thank you very much in advance.
 #618  by pavila

Easy: search for \"SESSION_EXPIRATION\" in the sources :)

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.