• Open KM - Gmail Confiuration Step by Step help needed

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #12882  by raths

Hi all

Can anyone give me the step by step instruction how to configure gmail for Open KM notification services ( such as for Cron job , Workflow etc...). The version which I am using is Version: 5.1.7 (build: 7085) . I read the documentation and it instructed me to change the $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/mail-service.xml file . But i don't know what values should i give for configuring G-mail for Open KM notification services . Could any one please help me on this ?

Regards
Raths
 #18783  by jllort

No with tomcat is quite different, I have added the page on the wiki but still not added information, meanwhile you can try in your server.xml make this kind of changes
Code: Select all
<Resource
name="mail/Session"
type="javax.mail.Session"
auth="Container"
mail.smtp.host="mydomain IP address"
mail.smtp.auth="true"
username="my email account username"
password="the email account password"
mail.user="my email account username"
mail.password="the email account password"
mail.port="25"
mail.transport.protocol="smtp"
mail.debug="true"/>
 #18801  by macjaeger

I didn't have the chance to test it today, daytime job is keeping me busy, kids doing the same at night... I hope I get to it tomorrow (night, i fear). But from a quick glance i think i might run into problems because gmail needs starttls? Probably i need to install some local MTA to route through.
 #18807  by macjaeger

Thanks for the link, it almost worked at once. This is the config I put into server.xml:
Code: Select all
    <Resource name="mail/OpenKM" auth="Container" type="javax.mail.Session"
            mail.transport.protocol="smtp"
            mail.smtp.auth="true"
            mail.smtp.host="smtp.gmail.com"
            mail.smtp.port="465"
            mail.smtp.user="<username>"
            password="<password>"
            mail.smtp.from="<sender email>"
            mail.smtp.quitwait="false"
            mail.smtp.starttls.enable="true"
            mail.smtp.socketFactory.class="javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory"
            mail.debug="true"
    />
Notice the line >> mail.smtp.quitwait="false" <<, i added this because sometimes catalina got stuck during startup.

One problem left: the mails aren't encoded properly, e.g. german umlauts like ä, ö, ü turn into funny sequences of gibberish. To be more precise: the mail content obviously is utf-8 encoded, but thunderbird doesn't recognise it by itself as it does with almost any other email i got.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.