• Preview porblem in OpenKM 5.0

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #7678  by ibrahim

Hi,

In the current OpenKM 5.0 demo version, am not able to getting the preview of the doc/docx/xls/xlsx/txt etc files.yet am getting the preview of pdf,jpg files. The screen shot of the problem is attached.

Moreover I had uploaded a word document which is encoded in UTF-8, still that file also not getting in the preview.

Can you give me a clarification for this?

By, Ibrahim.
Attachments
Preview problem in doc/docx/xls/xlsx/txt etc files.
Preview problem in doc/docx/xls/xlsx/txt etc files.
Preview_problem_in_doc_file.jpg (132.95 KiB) Viewed 5214 times
 #7702  by jllort

Problably your problem is what's explained by andi, also take a look at server.log to see the error.
 #7713  by ibrahim

Hi,

Am asking about the issue in OpenKM demo. In the demo itself the preview is not showing properly.
 #7718  by jllort

In demo we've got older open office installed, and some newer docx can not be previewed by that older version. It's a problem on our installation we know, but due OS version etc... we've not upgraded no newer open office version.
 #7725  by nightskull

Hi, I have run a version of Debian 5 on OpenKM RC1. Here, all files are displayed in the preview. *.docx, *.txt Files go.
docs:

txt:

After reinstalling version 5.0, the files are no longer shown.
It does this error message:

In my opinion, the error must lie in the new version 5.0 because I found the paths of jboss-4.2.3.GA just rename.

path von /opt in Debian5:

regards
Michael
 #7737  by jllort

it's a change on OpenKM.cfg parameter, now parameters to openoffice are
Code: Select all
system.openoffice.path=/usr/lib/openoffice
system.openoffice.tasks=5
system.openoffice.port=2222
 #7804  by stevenong_2006

Hi,
I have the same problem, and later I found out what wrong...

1. Here is the way I set the 'system.openoffice.path' in the 'OpenKM.cfg' previously:

system.openoffice.path="C:/bin/OpenOffice.org 3"
system.openoffice.tasks=5
system.openoffice.port=2222
I found out (by the hard way) that the EJB which calling openoffice to do the doc2pdf conversion didn't take the double quotes too well so I removed the quotes, i.e.,
system.openoffice.path=C:/bin/OpenOffice.org 3

2. Since I have firewall, I just open port 2222 (I don't know if it is necessary, I still need to test what will happen if I close the port)

Hope this will help.
Steven
 #7832  by pavila

Port 2222 should be accesible from localhost. Firewalls usually prevent conextions from other machines, not from localhost. You can try a telnet localhost 2222 to see if connects.

We are working on some improvements in document conversion. You can download a nightbuild of the next OpenKM 5.0.1 release at http://integration.openkm.com/5.0/OpenKM.war. I recommend to use in a fresh installation because is not production ready. Tell us if the document conversion works better in this build.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.