• Office Add-Ins

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #5387  by flekschas

Hi,

I've recently installed OpenKM and I was wondering if there is a way to use the Office 2003 Plugins with Version 2007?

Best regards,

Fritz Lekschas
 #5407  by jllort

Theory says it might run with 2007. But actual plugins have some installation problems and don't install properly in office. I've still not solved it because I don't understand why Visual studio ( the microsoft - "super califristico es pialidoso" - developer IDE ) do not creates correctly the installer.
 #5604  by jllort

Today we've released new office addins compatible from 2000 to 2007 version ( we've tested with 2003 and 2007 ). I'm not sure it'll be compatible with 2010.

To downloading use https://sourceforge.net/projects/openkm/files/
 #5607  by blindrood

I tested WordAddIn with Word 2007 and it works grat :)
How can I localize it?
 #5618  by jllort

localize ? what do you what to say with localize ( internationalization ? )
 #5631  by blindrood

jllort wrote:localize ? what do you what to say with localize ( internationalization ? )
Yes, I would like to translate those addons.
As I understamd I can grab sources from Your svn repo but how to work with it? Will You provide some info for developers at wiki?
 #5634  by jllort

You must send translations file to me ... because without addin-express you'll not be able to compile the addins.

Take a look at http://openkm.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/openkm/trunk/ here are several projects, you must translate

For example here http://openkm.svn.sourceforge.net/viewv ... WordAddIn/
The interesting files are .resx extensions ( are two here, for example AddinModule.resx )

What must be translated into file is :
Code: Select all
<data name="add" xml:space="preserve">
	<value>Add document</value>
</data>
<data name="cancelcheckout" xml:space="preserve">
	<value>Cancel Checkout</value>
</data>
<data name="checkin" xml:space="preserve">
 	<value>Checkin</value>
</data>
<data name="configuration" xml:space="preserve">
 	<value>Configuration</value>
</data>
<data name="edit" xml:space="preserve">
 	<value>Edit</value>
</data>
<data name="help" xml:space="preserve">
 	<value>OpenKM online help</value>
</data>
Note that MSOpenKMCore is mandatory to be translated too, because has forms

If you've not Visual Studio I recommend you simply chekcout projects and take look .resx files ( <data> tag ) to be translated and send to me file XX.de-DE.resx ( for example if your language is german )

Contact to me using website contact form if you decide doing it.
 #42194  by khpavel

Hello, jllort!

Is is possible to send you Russian translate of office addins to add to actual addin version?
 #42196  by jllort

After installation you have the .properties file into OpenKM folder and you can modify there the translations.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.