• restricting views for user

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #313  by johan

Hi,
Just stumbled on openkm. We are looking for a useable DMS, and seems I will give this one a try. Only one Q. We would like to give our customers access to the documents of the projects/instalations/offers etc.
Is it possible to configure openkm is such way the customer will not see any folders/names of our other customers.

In the demo, i see all folders of every user defined in the system. I don\'t want this behaviour when dealing with customers, even if access to the folder displayed is denied.

Probably this is possible, but just want to be sure.

I will install openkm next week and give it a try.

Thanks
 #319  by jllort

On demo you see all folder, and one folder for user, because we\'ve defined security on that way.

You must play with roles and user grants, if a user not has a role/user grant to Read a folder o document this is not displayed to him.

Hope is want you want, you can test on demo making something like this:

Login: user2
Create folder on user2/folder2
Remove all grants excepts for user2
Logout
Login: user3
take a look at user2/ ( folder2 is not seen for you ).

This is valid of course for all level, normally on root only one or two users must have write grant.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.