• Questions about languages and skins

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #301  by thuper

Hi,all

I have just installed OpenKM, and have 2 questions:

1. I can see there is a chinese language in demo site. But I can\'t find on my site. why?

2. How to set default language and skin?

thanks.
 #303  by jllort

You can see chinese language because translation has been after we released 2.0b version and this has not been on downloable file released at sourceforge.

You can get it on cvs ( where there\'s updated ) on be waiting for about one - two weeks when we\'ll upload the OpenKM stable version ( or a new version ). I hope it\'ll be the stable.

Actually only OpenKM enterprise can set default language on configuration, community only detect your browser language an if not found on list sets english.

About setting a default skin i\'ll put on our tracking system because some languages like persian and chinese has a skin for better UI visualization, and this could be interesting on some installation to be the default. Set default skin it not yet done, but seems a interesting idea.
 #307  by jllort

If you browser cvs you\'ll find all language files, chinese language file is called Lang_cn_CN.java

Version 2.0b is a beta version, the 1.2 version is the last stable.

Migration on 2.0a to 2.0b to stable 2.0 it not be needed only replace OpenKM.ear file on jboss/server/default/deploy

Migration is needed between OpenKM 1.2 to 2.0.

Be waiting for about two weeks when we\'ll release stable one. Actually OpenKM 2.0b has minor bugs, not critical ( major are UI defects that we\'ve been correcting ).
 #379  by thuper

About \"community only detect your browser language\".

It dosen\'t work to chinese.

I think you gave a wrong name to chinese language. In browser settings, usually refer to \"zh_cn\" as simplified chinese, \"zh_tw\" as traditional chinese. But I saw that OpenKM named chinese language \"cn_CN\".

I\'m not sure, maybe you can try.
 #383  by jllort

I\'ve been looking iso codification language an I think it could be cn_ZH or tw_ZH, I\'ll rename this files and change openkm demo. When it be done I post on forum if you can try it.
 #385  by thuper

Yes. \"zh_cn\" and \"zh_tw\" are right, just like \"en_us\" and \"en_uk\".

And I saw there is only simplified chinese. so \"zh_cn\" is right.
 #417  by pavila

I\'ve updated the demo to the last CVS version. This version should fix this issue. Can you confirm it? Clean the browser cache before try the last version.
 #445  by jllort

OK

This week, finally, we\'ll release the OpenKM 2.0 Stable version on sourceforge ( we arribe two weeks later than initial previsions ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.