• Admin Tab Broken - Cannot Modify Users or Any Settings

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #52237  by capjack49

Hello,

Using Community Edition 6.3.10. The host server is CentOS 8 (RHEL) SQL environment is MariaDB (MySQL). This issue occurs in all modern browsers (Chrome, Firefox and MSFT Edge).

In the admin tab we are unable to modify any settings including modifying user settings, adding new users, etc. We can't edit any configuration settings in the admin tab. The desktop tab works fine, we can search our document and download. I went to reset a user's password and noticed no functions in the admin tab worked. When clicking on the modify button next to a user the page refreshes and nothing happens, the edit screen does not appear as normal. It takes us back to the user list.

We installed and configured community edition 6.3.9 in May 2020. I updated openkm to 6.3.10 on 4/2/2020 hoping it would resolve the issue, but the issue persists after the update. I'm not sure when the issue started. The last time the admin tab was known to work was in August 2020 when I added a new user successfully. So the issue began sometime between 8/2020 and now.

What else should we try to resolve the issues with admin tab?

I do have a script running nightly which runs app and security updates on the host server. So it has been receiving regular app and security updates since configuration of 6.3.9.

Thank you,
 #52249  by jllort

I think you should look for the error on another side, some addin or software installed in your computer. Anyway you can access directly to the administration from /OpenKM/admin/index ( really is what does the iframe of the administration )
 #52264  by capjack49

I cannot navigate to /OpenKM/admin/index, when doing so I receive 404 not found. Nothing has changed on the server other than operating system patches. Openkm is the only application hosted on the Centos 8 (RHEL) server.

The issue persists in all browsers when trying to modify admin dashboard settings.

You're saying you think it's an issue on the client computer navigating to http://openkmurl:8080/ and not a server issue?
 #52267  by capjack49

Anyone else hosting OpenKM on CentOS 8 or RHEL who has experienced anything like this?

I am really at a loss on how to fix this. The only changes made to the server since initial configuration of OpenKM have been nightly server patches. These patches also update any applications installed on the server automatically.

I updated Openkm from 6.3.9 to 6.3.10 but the issue persists. On my client PC navigating to the OpenKM site I cannot edit or modify any settings on the admin dashboard.
 #52278  by jllort

Follow the next steps:
1- stop OpenKM
2- remove the folders in the tomcat folder ( will force to re-deploy the application )
webapps/OpenKM
work/Catalina/localhost

3- start OpenKM and check again.
 #52284  by capjack49

After performing the operations you suggested, the issue still exists. Cannot modify any settings on admin tab.

Stopped OpenKM, removed the folders, started openkm. I noticed new folders were generated, logged into openkm and I still can't edit any settings on the admin tab.
 #52299  by capjack49

How can I export all my documents from OpenKM when the admin tab > export screen is blank/broken. I have attached a screen capture showing admin tab > export section. The section is blank without the ability to export files.

How can I export the files with original names using command line on the server? Is this possible?
admin-dash.png
admin-dash.png (43.59 KiB) Viewed 1754 times
 #52313  by jllort

Should be shown some error in the openkm.log file or catalina.out look for it.

Ensure you are using jdk 1.8

Check security ... maybe started the application with root nodes and when starting with OpenKM because security grants tomcat is not able to process them.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.