• Does update the Linux os of the server hosting Openkm may cause any problem?

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #52194  by mamad

Hi guys
I have installed Openkm-6.3 CE with Mysql 5.5 on a Debian 8.7 OS
Because of some reasons, I need to upgrade the Debian os to the latest release
Before starting the process I want to know does this action may cause any problem on Openkm or maybe some configurations will be needed after upgrading the OS ?
Thanks in advance
 #52200  by jllort

Should not have issues with it. However, always it is a good practice to make a backup (especially the database what is the most problematic point ). Consider to get OpenKM working you need:

* Java installed and working ( an issue here maybe the current Jave version be replaced by newer -> verify after the upgrade -> in case there are some change -> set the desired version as default Java version )

* Usually database engine upgrades should be working fine ... anyway keep a database dump is a good practice and you do not expend much time ( in this section of the documentation you have part of the script used to backup the database https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... ackup.html )

* All the data usually is into tomcat-XXX folder -> quite strange in an upgrade the filesystem be affected but you can keep a copy it before starting the process.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.