• Default Derby(?) database

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #238  by robertmarkbram

Hi All,

I am trying to work out how to connect to the default Derby(?) database. I see this in repository.xml:

<PersistenceManager class=\"org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.DerbyPersistenceManager\">
<param name=\"url\" value=\"jdbc:derby:${wsp.home}/db;create=true\"/>
<param name=\"schemaObjectPrefix\" value=\"${wsp.name}_\"/>
</PersistenceManager>

It seems that my database URL to connect with Derby might look like this:
jdbc:derby:${wsp.home}

How do I find the value of wsp.home?
Also, what username/password would be used by default?

Thanks for any advice,

Rob
:)
 #242  by pavila

${wsp.home} is expanded to the workspace home. By default is located at $JBOSS_HOME/repository/workspaces/default. If you \"real\" database support, you should use MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc.
 #246  by robertmarkbram

OK, I worked out the URL:
jdbc:derby:C:/OpenKM-2.0b_JBoss-4.2.2.GA/repository/workspaces/default/db

But by default, what is the username/password to use for Derby access?

system/system didn\'t work.

Rob
:)
 #272  by pavila

In repository.xml is located the repository definition. The tag <PersistenceManager> define all configuration params of any persistence manager. By default, we use DerbyPersistenceManager and there is no user/password additional parameters, so by default is null/null.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.