• Getting the Stapling Extension to work in CE 6.3.9

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #50678  by thomas

Dear Community,
I've successfully installed CE 6.3.9 on my server and I was looking for a way to add references or something the like between documents. That's when I came across a couple of forum threads pointing towards the stapling extension.

According to https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... sions.html I have added the entry to OKM_EXTENSION (mariadb database) and verified it's really there:
Code: Select all
MariaDB [okmdb]> select * from OKM_EXTENSION;
+--------------------------------------+----------+
| EXT_UUID                             | EXT_NAME |
| 25af39c0-580f-431c-8852-0b6430b4dc1d | Stapling |
However, even after restarting the server, I can't find the stapling buttons described in https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... nsion.html .

Also, there's no hint inside the logs that the extension is even loading. The closest I can find is:
Code: Select all
[localhost-startStop-1] INFO  c.o.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet - *** Activating thesaurus repository ***
[localhost-startStop-1] WARN  c.o.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet - *** No OpenOffice manager nor server configured ***
--> [localhost-startStop-1] INFO  c.o.extension.core.ExtensionManager - Initialize and load plugins...
[localhost-startStop-1] INFO  c.o.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet - *** Execute start script ***
[localhost-startStop-1] WARN  com.openkm.util.ExecutionUtils - Unable to read script: /home/openkm/tomcat-8.5.34/start.bsh
[localhost-startStop-1] WARN  com.openkm.util.ExecutionUtils - Unable to read jar: /home/openkm/tomcat-8.5.34/start.jar
[localhost-startStop-1] INFO  c.o.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet - *** Execute start SQL ***
[localhost-startStop-1] WARN  c.o.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet - Unable to read sql: /home/openkm/tomcat-8.5.34/start.sql
[localhost-startStop-1] WARN  o.a.c.o.s.i.a.CmisAtomPubServlet - CMIS version is not defined! Setting it to CMIS 1.0.
[http-nio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-9] INFO  c.o.module.common.CommonAuthModule - PrincipalAdapter: com.openkm.principal.LdapPrincipalAdapter
What might be going wrong here?
I really appreciate your help!
 #50693  by thomas

Thanks a million!
I must have missed that note on top of the wiki page, sorry.

Please allow me one more question:
Will stapling be compatible with document relations, in case I switch to PE or once 6.4 becomes the community edition?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.