• OpenKM Community ed. Advanced Search Not Working

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #50548  by ncpeiarchive

I recently installed OpenKM community edition 6.3.9 on a server running Ubuntu 20.04, Tomcat 8.5.24, and PostgreSQ. I am enjoying all of the features that OpenKM provides but I seem to be having difficulty using the advanced search feature. Using basic search with fulltext is able to show results but performing any search in Advanced View does not work. I try searching in the Taxonomy context with only name, only content, or only user, or also searching for PDF mimetype within a folder that has many PDFs -- no advanced search ever returns a result. The advanced search flickers an "updating search" popup very briefly and does not show any results. Nothing in the debug console or Catalina logs either.

I've looked elsewhere on the forums and tried other suggestions first. I queried the database and ensured all documents had text extraction and then rebuilt my Lucene indexes. I also read that sometimes the search feature does not interact well with custom property groups, so I tried with a file that had no property groups added. I am just baffled because basic search works on all of the fields but the advanced search does not work on any.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a limitation of community edition? Any suggestions?
Attachments
Basic search with one result (correct)
Basic search with one result (correct)
Basic.png (23.19 KiB) Viewed 3708 times
Advanced search with no results (incorrect)
Advanced search with no results (incorrect)
Advanced.png (27.12 KiB) Viewed 3708 times
 #50560  by jllort

Really exist a document named quit or you want to search by content and filled wrong field?
Anyway in case basic search the application applies wilcards internally, in your case you should search by "quiet*" -> take a look here https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... earch.html
 #50567  by ncpeiarchive

Thanks for the quick reply. As seen in the first screenshot, there is a file named "2013_One_Country_One_Quilt_Application.pdf" that does contain the word "Quilt" in its text as well. On the advanced search, I tried both the content and name search separately, with and without the wildcard as you suggested, with no results either time. I also tried using the advanced tab and searching for all PDFs in the folder that holds that document and got no results. No variation of any search parameters returns any results for advanced searches on my repository with over 2,000+ documents.
 #50611  by jllort

Go to administration > tools > rebuild indexes and then Lucene indexes ( that will rebuild entire lucene search indexes. Sometimes after and upgrade it is mandatory doing it ).
 #50661  by ncpeiarchive

I created a new text file to demonstrate the issue. The text file is located in /okm:root/testing and is named Lorem_Ipsum.txt. It contains a brief intro followed by five generated paragraphs of Lorem Ipsum text. It has a custom metadata group called "File Info" that adds "File Date" and "File Author" fields to represent the original date and author of the file rather than the internal author and update date set during the file upload.

Screenshot 1 shows the file in taxonomy view and you can confirm the file contents, metadata, and location.

Screenshot 2 shows a successful basic search for the term "lorem" which brings up the text contained within the file.

Screenshot 3 shows a failed search when searching for a file with "lorem*" in its content. This is the same result for any combination of asterisk before or after the "lorem" term. When search is clicked, a blue pop-up displays extremely briefly with the text "Updating search" and then disappears immediately.

Screenshot 4 and 5 shows the same failed advance searches for name and file type, respectively. No search results for any Advanced Search ever returns results.
Attachments
Taxonomy view to confirm file details.
Taxonomy view to confirm file details.
1 - Taxonomy View.png (84.17 KiB) Viewed 3256 times
Successful basic search.
Successful basic search.
2 - Successful Basic Search.png (38.72 KiB) Viewed 3256 times
Failed content search.
Failed content search.
3 - Failed Advanced Content Search.png (27.15 KiB) Viewed 3256 times
Failed name search.
Failed name search.
4 - Failed Advanced Name Search.png (27.31 KiB) Viewed 3256 times
Failed file type search.
Failed file type search.
5 - Failed Advanced File Search.png (27.69 KiB) Viewed 3256 times

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.