• OpenKM Server is using too much memory

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #50538  by mamad

Hi guys
I'm using OpenKM 6.3 community edition with MySQL database
My repository of files consists of about 22000 documents which have taken about 42 GB spaces on hard dick.
I have installed OpenKM on a Debian Linux server with 24 GB of rams and OpenKM (with its requirement like JRE, MySQL,...) is the only system which has been installed on the server (no more software or system has been installed)
A few days ago I felt OpenKM is running a little slow, so I've checked the server resources and to my surprise, I saw that the 23 GB from the 24 GB of server ram has been taken.
Today I checked it again and it was reduced to 13 GB but I think this is still a little unusual because in this situation java at most uses 18 percent of ram and about 1 percent for MySQL.(I have set the maximum ram of tomcat on 4048 MB). It means both MySQL and java should use 19 percent = 4.45 GB of memory. So who is using the rest of Ram? Does the Debian operation system itself may use up to 18 GB of rams while it even has no graphical user interface.

I have provided some screenshots of the situation. Would you please help me to find out what is going on in the server?

screenshot 1: The Statistics tab of OpenKM
4.png
4.png (269.49 KiB) Viewed 1419 times

screenshot 2: the result of free -m command
3.png
3.png (6.9 KiB) Viewed 1419 times

screenshot 3: the result of htop command
1.png
1.png (148.33 KiB) Viewed 1419 times

screenshot 4: the result of top command
2.png
2.png (86.51 KiB) Viewed 1419 times

Thank you in advance for your help
 #50556  by jllort

In your first screenshot ( htop ) seems 5,5GB are in use, this is something normal and you have a load of 0.13 ... server is in calm. The free -m screenshot maybe it is what cause the confusion.

I share my computer screenshots, maybe will help in some manner:
Selección_012.png
Selección_012.png (22.52 KiB) Viewed 1369 times
Selección_012.png
Selección_012.png (22.52 KiB) Viewed 1369 times
Attachments
Selección_011.png
Selección_011.png (40.71 KiB) Viewed 1369 times

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.