• User view needs as ID in place of Name

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #50227  by duyvh0309

Hi,

I am using openkm-6.3.0 community edition on Centos-6.5.

By default user view shows as Name for "Created by", "Modified by", "User in security Tab" etc. Here we want to view these field as ID. Let me explain by example. Here one user availabe as below (refer userDescription.JPG)
ID: csp
Name: Chandra Shekhar

It shows as Chandra Shekhar at every place (refer ItShows.JPG), here I want as csp (refer WeWantAs.JPG).

I have also attached sample file (userDescription.JPG, ItShows.JPG and WeWantAs.JPG) for reference.

OS - Centos 6.5 x64 Bit
OpenKM Version- 6.3.0 Community Edition.
Browser - IE8-11, Chrome & Mozilla.

Kindly feel free to revert in case further information needed.

Thanks,
duyvh0309
 #50237  by jllort

You need to apply a minimal change in the source code to display user Id either user Name. I can try to guide you about how doing it.

An easies option what does not require any kind of change is basically updating the username with the user id ( user name and user id be the same ). You can do it with a simple database update ( look for table OKM_USER )

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.