• 6.3.4 Preview problem

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #50199  by hieuabc

Hello,
I have installed openkm on ubuntu server.
And started the tomcat.
Able to login.

Added document.. but preview does not work.
It doesnt seem a problem abut my browser (tried with chrome and IE) because it was showing preview on demo page of openkm.

When i click on document (tried with png and pdf files) i can see starting conversion on the right bottom of the screen.
But it doesnt show up anything.
Plus.. I dont see any error logs on catalina.out and kmlog files.
 #50202  by rwebb

What installation method did you use? Did you use the OKMInstaller.jar file? Or did you install with the bundle?

For me when I installed with the JAR file it installed all the dependencies required for preview.

Rich
 #50222  by jllort

PDF document should be previewed without any kind of conversion I suspect the problem might be the preview you have choosen in the Profile or some AD killer. Check in the administration > Profiles -> check if your default preview is PDF.js ( ensure if you have Browser plugin option is unchecked )

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.