• OpenKM installation 6.3.9 error

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #50082  by shinus

Once installed I started the OpenKM service from the services, I have used mysql database, but gives me this error below on the webpage while trying to open the localhost page: using edge browser, win10 OS

Application error
Class:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException
An exception occurred processing JSP page [/login_desktop.jsp] at line [230] 227:
Date:
Fri Jun 12 11:03:48 AST 2020

Attached screenshot and also the OpenKM log file. Using mysql version : mysql-installer-community-8.0.20.0

Please help to solve
Attachments
error openkm_win10.JPG
error openkm_win10.JPG (29.46 KiB) Viewed 3546 times
 #50083  by shinus

after reading some posts, i uninstalled and reinstalled mysql with selecting option to classic MySQL (5.x), while installing.

I get now cannot connect to mysql error as attached in the screenshot;
also deleted all log files and restarted openkm service. captured all the new logs here , that is attached too.. can someone help..thanks a lot
Attachments
(18.16 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
error openkm_win10_cant open connection.JPG
error openkm_win10_cant open connection.JPG (30.25 KiB) Viewed 3538 times
 #50084  by shinus

and also have checked the table in mysql, and user openkm, which has all the prvileges to the specified table.please see screenshot
Code: Select all
CREATE DATABASE okmdb DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 DEFAULT COLLATE utf8_bin;
CREATE USER openkm@localhost IDENTIFIED BY '#####';
GRANT ALL ON okmdb.* TO openkm@localhost WITH GRANT OPTION;
### is the password provided during the installation; just changed it here in the post
Attachments
openkm databaseprivilege.JPG
openkm databaseprivilege.JPG (73.4 KiB) Viewed 3535 times
 #50087  by shinus

Connection to the database verified from the cli interface as user openkm (tried changing the localhost to IP value in the server.xml) but its not solving.
mysql -h localhost -u openkm -p###### okmdb
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 38
Server version: 8.0.20 MySQL Community Server - GPL

Copyright (c) 2000, 2020, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.
Password above hashed -its the same password as in the tomcat installation, also updated in the mysql workbench for the openkm user with the same password:

still chrome,edge all giving no connection error
 #50088  by shinus

Finally I have solved this issue:clearing all the repository folder, after stopping the openkm service, surprisingly its not listed in wiki?or is it?
changed the openkm.cfg file with below ("none" to "create")
hibernate.hbm2ddl=create
i have seen this value goes back to none..but it works..
 #50095  by jllort

It's quite difficult to explain how to solve issues in the first startup because might be several reasons why is not working.

When the application fails to get the connection to the database at the first startup you must delete the repository folder, set to hibernate.hbm2ddl=create and start again. This is the clean status you got before the first startup and what requires the application to build everything from scratch.

We will try to explain in the documentation ( I think we have explained in some section but maybe will be better in the OS installation sections , I have added in each OS section https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... romscratch)

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.