• Send document link

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #49844  by openkm_user

Hello,

I have configured mail settings in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml and checked if email is working in,
Administration -> Utilities -> Check email

And I received the test email.

But when I try to send document link to same email address (email address saved in user profile), it doesn't work, please assist.

Thanks!
 #49851  by jllort

Share the stack trace error ( you will get from catalina.log file ) and we will take a look about what happens.
 #49866  by openkm_user

There is no error in catalina log for this action. Am I missing something?
 #49880  by jllort

You can not send a link to yourself, maybe this is the mistake. Are you trying to sending to another user?
 #49887  by openkm_user

I am sending to a different user only, not sending it to myself.
 #49896  by jllort

Then should working. Is not shown any error in the catalina.log file ... is quite strange. Try again and watch the output of this file.
 #49911  by openkm_user

I tried multiple times, there is no log in catalina for this action. I did in two community v6.3.8 and v6.3.9, in both versions it sent email when I did through Administration -> Utilities -> Check email, but when I tried sending document link, it isn't working.
 #49922  by jllort

It is quite strange not showing anything in the log ... at least an error?
The users who are sending the notification in OpenKM have set different email address than the user logged who's sending the emails? These emails are right? can you try with standard email account like gmail ... to be sure is not the email server what identifies the emails as spam and remove them automatically ( I suggest check from email server too ).

Finally, if nothing of these suggestions working, will be necessary you debug the code. And can tell you how doing it.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.