• advanced metadata adding

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #49828  by lukk

Hello,
is there a way to create some kind of automation for something like this:

uploading new document, in wizard there is a select option (select kind of document: outcoming invoice, incoming invoice, other etc.) and then based on this choice the wizard is showing different metadata group for each type of document.

I tried to create an automation with adding metadata to wizard based on category, but the category is showing in the wizard after metadata and it did't work for me. Is there any other way of doing it?

Thanks
 #49841  by jllort

At least are two ways for doing it, may be the easiest is:

1- Automation in order 0 linked to document creation event, used to identify the document -> the objective here is setting metadata group -> "select" with document type.

2- Several automation in order 1 linked to set property group event, used add wizard based on metada group value ( you have two validations : HasPropertyGroup -> to check if group have been added and HasPropertyGroupValue -> to check the value ). Several because you must create one for each document type.
 #49994  by lukk

Hi, thanks for reply. Sorry it took me so long, COVID made some urgent problems to deal with.
Now I'm back to document management and I have a problem with this automation.

If I understand you right - the first automation is on Document create event, set as 'pre', with the AddPropertyGroupToWizard action with metadata group containing a "select" element with document types to choose from.
I have problem with the second step, whatever I set as the second automation it doesn't work - regardless I set it as pre or post, I tried using Set metadata group and Add metadata group events, with and without validation. I set the action to AddPropertyGroupToWizard but it never shows - file upload wizard is closed after the first metadata with select

You said that there may be an other way of doing this?
 #50010  by jllort

Share screenshots of your configuration. I suggest add AddPropertyGroupToWizard in the post stage.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.