• Problem at Previewing Pdf files containing large images

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #49034  by mamad

Hi guys
I have some pdf files containing large images inside ( images in size of 6000 * 4000 pixels ) which have built from some word documents.
When i upload this documents and go to their preview , it shows some details in a blurry way when I zoom in the document.
But when i open the pdf files directly by the browser (not with openkm) every thing is ok and it will show all the details well.
Is there any way to disable converting pdf files in preview tab ? I mean when i go to preview tab, i want the browser to show the file itself without using any other tools.
I tried various type of converting word to pdf with different tools and also use various browser like Chrome,FireFox,Edge,IE but problem did not solve.
 #49042  by bieli

Hi mamad,

I think there is a configuration option to force or no to force PDF conversation.
You can configure it directly in OpenKM. Sorry but I have no screenshot right now.

Regards,
Bieli
 #49064  by jllort

What is your current OpenKM version.
What is your default previewer ( I think you have the option to change from profiles, I suggest use embedded in this case -> Browser plugin enabled)
 #49068  by mamad

Hi again
Thanks for your replies
Im using openkm 6.3.7 community edition
I cant find any option at profile menu to change the default previewer !
There is only one check box with name : "Acrobat Plugin preview" which changing it from checked to unchecked wont solve my problem.
I also found a configuration parameter with name : system.previewer which is a select item and it has only on option to select which is flexpaper .
 #49073  by jllort

system.preview can have two values ( flexpaper or zviewer) https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... eters.html , but when you have enabled the "Acrobat plugin preview" parameter in preview then should be used acrobat web plugin. Remember after you changed the parameter must refresh the URL, because profile is only set in loading URL stage.
 #49084  by mamad

there is not any option for zviewer to select ! there is only one value which is flexpaper !
anyway, you mean this problem is related to the flexpaper previewer ? is there any way to completely disable it ? ( just use browser itself for showing preview ) ?
 #49089  by jllort

If you have "Acrobat plugin preview" enabled from profiles, then should be used it ( might have priority than others ). If possible make an screenshot of a document what works, and another with the document what it fails.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.