• Chinese filename is messy from zip

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #48927  by w12315007

Hi:
I have installed OpenKM community 6.3.7 on Windows 2016 server,using 7-zip to compress documents with chinese name. The chinese name display like “ ╥╡╬±—ú—Γ╞≈╧α╣╪╣?╛?” when uploading this zip file through 'import document from ZIP'. The chinese filename was fine as I uploaded a single file. The question was asked by another user before, but it seemed not to be solved. The attachment is the test zip with chinese filename, Thank you in adance,
Attachments
(192 Bytes) Downloaded 127 times
 #48928  by jllort

In my Linux does not work better your zip, the reason is ZIP format is not UTF-8 compatible and depending on the scenario you have created the zip file ( tool and OS ) and the scenario of the user who opens, the result is unpredictable. When the ZIP format was created nobody thought on it ( and has not been solved in time )

Try with winrar, usually with 7-zip goes right, but seems is not your case.
新建 Microsoft Word 文档.zip _011.png
新建 Microsoft Word 文档.zip _011.png (24.8 KiB) Viewed 1258 times

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.