• [SOLVED] OpenKM OVA

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #47943  by trog31

Trying to evaluate the solution I received a Error 404 "The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists." when trying to install on a clean VM with the installation script.
So I downloaded OpenKM-ComPorDev.ova to see the application working but it ALSO does not function and provides an Error 404 with the exact same message. Watching the youtube video I noticed that a symbolic link "OpenKM" in /home/openkm/Development/tomcat-8.5.24/webapps does not exist.
According to the video it should resolve to: /home/openkm/Development/workspace/openkm/target/OpenKM but that file or directory does not exist in the downloaded VM

Hoping someone can tell me what that symbolic link should actually point to and why the .ova does not work considering it should be in a recommended configuration.

Thanks!
Last edited by trog31 on Tue May 14, 2019 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #47951  by jllort

Please share us some screenshot.
Does not exists /home/openkm/Development/tomcat or similar folder name, sure?
What URL used for downloading the OVA?
 #47954  by trog31

URL was https://download.openkm.com/token/<key>/
Downloaded file was OpenKN-ComPorDev.ova

Deleted and re-imported VM. Took screenshots of the youtube vid, the re-import and the broken link
Hopefully that helps.
Attachments
youtube.jpg
youtube.jpg (134.42 KiB) Viewed 12221 times
import.jpg
import.jpg (11.77 KiB) Viewed 12221 times
broken_link.jpg
broken_link.jpg (115.57 KiB) Viewed 12221 times
 #47964  by jllort

This folder is linked with eclipse project. Open eclipse - you have in the tool bar - and build the source code. Or execute from the command line under the openkm project folder the command line ( the workspace should be in Development/workspace/openkm ):
Code: Select all
mvn clean package -Dmaven.test.skip=true
 #47972  by trog31

That worked!

I guess I'm wondering why this isn't either:
1. already completed in the OVA
or
2. Explicitly spelled out in the instructions.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply!

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.