• Can't read or execute Tesseract for OCR

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #47839  by zaans2

I installed Tesseract, I set
Code: Select all
system.ocr
to
C:\Program Files\Tesseract-OCR\tesseract.exe ${fileIn} ${fileOut}
which is the correct location. I made sure it has the right to access to file but whenever I do a configuration check it says
Can't read or execute: C:\Program
What am I doing wrong?

OpenKM Version: 6.3.8 (build: 6702c0f)
Windows Version: Windows Server 2019
Tesseract Version: v4.1.0.20190314
 #47848  by jllort

Does not like the white space, try changing \ to / ( the java path should solve it )
C:/Program Files/Tesseract-OCR/tesseract.exe
 #47867  by zaans2

Same result. I did howver find that when you use the installer it comes with tesseract in the Tomcat folder. When I use that one it works fine so I am starting to think it might be a permissions issue after all, but I have no clue how to fix that.
 #47924  by jllort

Remove tesseract ocr and install again into a destination path without white spaces in the name.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.