• Solved: Joomla explorer 2.0.4/OpenKM 6.3.6

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #47523  by silverspr

Hello, I'm experiencing a configuration problem with joomla explorer (JE). I am connecting to JE from an external website using a connection string to a secure server using letsencrypt. I've configured OpenKM to listen on port 8443 as per documentation.
The test connection succeeds, but when accessing OpenKM from the front end using JE there is a configuration error. Your help is very appreciated.

Test connect works
openkm-conn-str2b.JPG
openkm-conn-str2b.JPG (31.77 KiB) Viewed 1537 times

JE throws error on Front End
website-err.JPG
website-err.JPG (16.87 KiB) Viewed 1537 times

I can connect directly to OpenKM using ssl (shows the connection string works)
ssl-direct to server
ssl-direct to server
direct-ssl-connect.JPG (32.19 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
Last edited by silverspr on Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #47533  by silverspr

Solved
I was able to get this working with a signed security certificate. I had to go into Joomla "Edit Menu" > "Menu Item type" and reload OKM file explorer rather than trying to configure "Components" > "OpenKM".

Hope this helps someone else if they run into the same problem.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.