• Can preview pdf but not word or excel documents.

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #47353  by kefren69

Greetings

OpenKM 6.3.6 - Tomcat 8.5.24

I managed to upload successfully 3 documents respectively a .pdf,.docx,.xlsx;
When I go in preview the pdf is shown correctly whilst the word and excel get the message to contact the administrator.

I tried to open the 2 documents in openoffice and they are correctly read.
Out of the suggested utility to install I only installed the mandatory

DId I miss something in the configuration?

thanks in advance

GIancarlo
 #47366  by jllort

The libreoffice service is not working right ( probably not started or not configured ). What is your system.openoffice parameter value?
 #47404  by dferguson

On two installations, I have found that I needed to remove the OfficeLibre that came preinstalled with Ubuntu and then reinstall per the OpenKM setup instructions.

Having OpenOffice of OfficeLibre installed ins't enough. I still ran into issues when just updating/upgrading the preinstalled installation. The preinstalled version needs to be fulled removed first.
 #47423  by jllort

In the latest Ubuntu version seems LibreOffice have some issue, it seems something related to security, sincerely is not clear for us, but it seems the information into .libreoffice folder is not rightly created. We have solved in most cases when we had this issue, uninstalling and installing LibreOffice application again.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.