• ERRORs - Name [UserDatabase] is not bound in this Context ; Failed to start component [Realm[UserDatabaseRealm]]

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #47336  by kefren69

Greetings

before I try to attempt to resolve other issues (cannot create folders in openKM) I would like to be sure my start up has a clean bill of health.

I get as soon as I start the following errors (see log:).

I run openKM on a W10 machine with MySQL.
I tried to lookup the error but I could not find anything that leads to a solution.

Any hints?

Thanks for the usual valuable support.

Giancarlo

My OpenKM config is as follow (all paths are tested):
Code: Select all
# OpenKM Hibernate configuration values
hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5Dialect
hibernate.hbm2ddl=none
#hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.HSQLDialect
#hibernate.hbm2ddl=none

# Initial configuration - Linux
#system.imagemagick.convert=C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice 4
#system.openoffice.path=/usr/lib/libreoffice
#system.swftools.pdf2swf=/opt/openkm/bin/pdf2swf -f -T 9 -t -s storeallcharacters ${fileIn} -o ${fileOut}

# Initial configuration - Windows
system.imagemagick.convert=C:/openkm-6.3.2-community/tomcat/bin/convert.exe
system.openoffice.path=C:/Program Files (x86)/OpenOffice 4
system.swftools.pdf2swf=C:/openkm-6.3.2-community/tomcat/bin/df2swf.exe -f -T 9 -t -s storeallcharacters ${fileIn} -o ${fileOut}
Log:
Code: Select all
2019-01-25 09:48:18,473 [main] ERROR org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina]- Exception looking up UserDatabase under key UserDatabase
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [UserDatabase] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [UserDatabase].
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:819)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:167)
        at org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm.startInternal(UserDatabaseRealm.java:253)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
        at org.apache.catalina.realm.CombinedRealm.startInternal(CombinedRealm.java:201)
        at org.apache.catalina.realm.LockOutRealm.startInternal(LockOutRealm.java:120)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startInternal(ContainerBase.java:1109)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal(StandardEngine.java:300)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal(StandardService.java:443)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.startInternal(StandardServer.java:731)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:689)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:321)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:455)
2019-01-25 09:48:18,473 [main] ERROR org.apache.catalina.realm.CombinedRealm- Failed to start "org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm/1.0" realm
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [Realm[UserDatabaseRealm]]
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:154)
        at org.apache.catalina.realm.CombinedRealm.startInternal(CombinedRealm.java:201)
        at org.apache.catalina.realm.LockOutRealm.startInternal(LockOutRealm.java:120)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startInternal(ContainerBase.java:1109)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal(StandardEngine.java:300)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal(StandardService.java:443)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.startInternal(StandardServer.java:731)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:689)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:321)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:455)
Caused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: No UserDatabase component found under key UserDatabase
        at org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm.startInternal(UserDatabaseRealm.java:262)
        ... 17 more
 #47349  by jllort

Did you downladed tomcat-8.5.24 from our OpenKM sourceforge repository ?
Did you created the database as is explained here https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... tedatabase ?
Did you configured server.xml as is explained here https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... html#MySQL: commenting the HSQL section what now will not be used.
Id the database is empty you should ( with OpenKM stopped ):
1- delete repository folder
2- set hibernate.hbm2ddl=create
3- start openkm
4- Repeat the last process until the tables be created.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.