• NEARLY SOLVED Not receiving subscription notifications

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46847  by ColH

Logged in as admin, I can use the Check Email utility and get a test message successfully sent to my own [company] email account.
Logged in as myself, I've subscribed to a document, but when admin updates it I don't receive an email notification.
Where can I look/check to fix this?
I haven't set up my user prefs for accessing my mail server, because I don't want OpenKM to fetch my emails - if the prefs are set, doesn't this mean that admin will be able to see all of everyone's emails..??
Note that I am using LDAP/AD authentication; OpenKM v 6.3.6
Thanks.
Last edited by ColH on Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #46852  by ColH

Looking in catalina.out at the moment admin Updates the doc:
Code: Select all
2018-09-26 13:52:07,678 [http-nio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-6] ERROR c.o.principal.LdapPrincipalAdapter - NamingException: Cannot parse url: server2.myad.my-company.com:389 (Cache: com.openkm.cache.ldapPrincipalAdapter.general - Key: getRolesByUser:colin - Base: [DC=MYAD,DC=MY-COMPANY,DC=COM] - Filter: (&(objectClass=person)(sAMAccountName=colin)) - Attribute: memberOf)
Not sure why there's a parse error - colin is able to log in to openkm ok.
 #46866  by ColH

Ahhhh! I've finally figured this out.
My mistake (although a pity OpenKM doesn't flag it...), was not putting "ldap://" on the front of the "principal.ldap.server" value :oops:
Notifications are now coming through; and this may also be the solution to other problems I've been having. :roll:
 #46874  by jllort

In user administration should be shown user mails, otherwise the sending notifications obviously will fails. Ensure you mail configuration works again -> Administration > tools > check mail
 #46875  by ColH

Yes, the admin User tab shows the member users along with their email addresses. And the Check Mail utility succeeds.
The notifications are sent, or not sent, depending on how the user is 'authorised' through the AD hierarchy - whether they are members of the ROLE_USER group directly or by being members of a group which is itself a member of ROLE_USER.
(I added a bit more detail in my other thread)

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.