• How to Disable Download/Print in Preview

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46685  by tiyansbaby

Hi,

May i know if we can disable these 2 buttons. Download and print in the preview. I already disabled download from profile settings.

Version: 6.3.6
Attachments
hello.PNG
hello.PNG (44.61 KiB) Viewed 3399 times
 #46698  by jllort

What previewer are you using, it seems the Embeded previewer ( adobe pdf embeded preview into browser ). In case you have embeded preview I think is not possible sending parameters to disable it. In the other preview what comes, the community should be investigated if it's possible.
 #46708  by tiyansbaby

this is the one. system.previewer Select flexpaper

left one is from openkm preview. right side is the default of browser (adobe)
Attachments
prev.PNG
prev.PNG (115.14 KiB) Viewed 3368 times
 #46711  by jllort

Add the feature request here https://github.com/openkm/document-mana ... tem/issues and we will investigate if it is possible to configure it because we have removed flexpaper from community edition and we are using another preview solution ( seems might change configuration description what is wrong ).
 #50148  by pgeraldes

Hi there, could someone achieve this, i really need this feature, the objective is that all pdf files are not able to being download neither via preview or any other place. Did someone accomplish that.

Take care
 #50156  by jllort

This descriptions "all pdf files are not able to being download neither via preview or any other place" means you have not thought in peace about the scenario.

First everything you see in the browser it is because you are downloading. does not exist any technology what show anything in the browser what you are not downloading. Althought there're some preview tools what try to protect from this scenario at the end I have not found anything what can not be broken down. There're a lot of browser tools for doing it in a very easy manner what does not require technical knowledgements.

In the professional edition we used in past a licensed version of flexpaper what came with this feature ( you do not have preview button ), but at the end you can broke down without major problems. These kind of solution give a "false sense of security".

From my point of view a realistic solution is to:
* build a previewer based in images ( each page as an image )
* stamp the data with user name and watermark with some text the entire document
* preview document with poor quality
* a combination of previous options and obviously take control in audit when has been downloaded or previewed the document.

In professional edition we worked with all these options ( except image preview ). Something similar might be implemented in community edition. If you want a guide about how doing it, tell us

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.