• How install my extended version of openkm on a real server

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46658  by mamad

Hi guys,
After a couple of changes in main source code of openkm 6.3-CE(using ova),now i want to publish it on a real server.

My question is How can i install my extended version of openkm on a real windows server ? Is it enough to install standard community version of openkm on the server and just replace the" openkm.war" file with the developed one ?

Thanks in advance
 #47112  by mamad

Hi ,
A minute ago i did all instructions inside https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... o-636.html

but nothing changed when i start tomcat service again ,and the old version (before development) runs again.

Then i deleted the openkm.war file and start tomcat service again to see if the application depends on the openkm.war file or not. I was surprised to see openkm runs again without any problem (i deleted the browser cach also)

why ???

I was thinking the openkm.war is the compiled version of software which runs whenever i start the tomcat service but openkm runs correctly even whitout the .war file.

would you please explain me whats the matter ??? i completely got confused :roll:
Last edited by mamad on Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #47124  by jllort

Into webapps you will see OpenKM.war and the exploded folder OpenKM.

I suggest
1- stop openkm
2- remove webapps/OpenKM.war file and webapps/OpenKM folder
3. clean cache work/Catalina/localhost folder
4- copy your OpenKM.war file into webapps
5- start application
 #47138  by mamad

I did all steps several times also delete browser and java plugin caches but every time i go to localhost:8080/OpenKM the 404 Not found page appears
like this :
Please consider that the currently installed version on my windows 7 pc is 6.3.1 but the developed one is 6.3.7 (i used your configured linux (using ova) for development).My extended version runs properly on the linux virtual os but when i migrate it to the windows by doing the steps you said it wont work.
Please help me its really driving me crazy :cry:
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (29.34 KiB) Viewed 5014 times
Last edited by mamad on Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #47139  by mamad

For your confidence i write all the steps i done here :
1- Stop openkm
2- Delete webapps/OpenKM.war file
3- Delete webapps/OpenKM folder
4- Delete work/Catalina/localhost folder
5- Edit OpenKM.cfg file and set hibernate.hbm2ddl from none to update
6- Delete browser cached files
7- Delete java plugin cached applications
8- copy developed OpenKM.war file into webapps
9- start openkm
 #47154  by mamad

Oh.I think its a little time consuming and also risky to do all steps from 6.3.1 to 6.3.6
Why you do not publish an offline windows installer for 6.3.6 community edition? The highest version which has an offline installer is 6.3.2 and for higher version only .war file exist. It means every body who wants to install openkm offline ,has to install 6.3.2 and then migrate from 6.3.2 to 6.3.6 version by version !!!
(I have to install openkm offline because i dont have internet on the server which hosted it)
 #47162  by jllort

We have removed the windows installer what has been replaced by OKMInstaller.jar as you can watch in the videos in the download section https://www.openkm.com/en/download.html

The old exe installer was not covering all the steps like installing soffice, and also had some issue with JDK version installed ( 32 bits rather 64 ) these were some of the reasons why decided change it. We are now working in a tool for assist in the upgrade in the same manner we have in professional edition.
 #47477  by mamad

i migrate successfully from 6.3.6 to 6.3.7 and openkm runs good (doing all steps)
(i install 6.3.6 online and migrate from it to my developed version )
but now i cant access Workflow and Automation part of openkm
(i defined some automation actions before migration to 6.3.7
)
when i go to workflow part , below error shows :
1.JPG
1.JPG (27.94 KiB) Viewed 4192 times
and when i go to Automation part , this one :
2.JPG
2.JPG (42.12 KiB) Viewed 4192 times
Why ???
Last edited by mamad on Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #47478  by mamad

I guess this problems relate to droping OKM_AUTO_METADATA table.
in the documentation (https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... o-637.html)
you say we have to run this script :
DROP TABLE OKM_AUTO_METADATA;
ALTER TABLE OKM_AUTO_ACTION DROP COLUMN AAC_TYPE;
ALTER TABLE OKM_AUTO_VALIDATION DROP COLUMN AVL_TYPE;

And running this script will drop OKM_AUTO_METADATA table while i use this table in my extended version.
 #47496  by jllort

The idea is execute the scripts with OpenKM stopped, before starting with version 6.3.7 I suggest you switch OpenKM.cfg to update database.

Better if you add a new post for this issue, because has not much relation with current post.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.