• WebDAV issue

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46595  by saquib.akhtar

I am trying to download the file using the WebDAV link but a prompt comes for username and password and after entering credentials I get:

WebDAV is disabled. Contact with your administrator.

Why?
 #46615  by saquib.akhtar

Now my WebDAV is enabled but when I am sharing a document link with an outside person for just downloading it, a prompts comes for username and password.
How can this be solved ? I mean to say that just for downloading also authentication required ?
 #46620  by jllort

Any resource from OpenKM is under authentication, that is the regular behaviour to preserve your data. Seems you are looking for some kind of public sharing?
 #46622  by saquib.akhtar

ok got it.
So for public sharing I will use FTP or something else which is possible.
 #46629  by jllort

If you want to always list all documents might use joomla explorer ( or create small application what does something similar, is quite easy with SDK, the idea is connect the application with some user what will sharing all the contents he has access )

Watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWs-vP4-6QA
Take a look at sdk for JAVA, .NET or PHP https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/

if you are looking for more controlled sharing, then you need something like sharing with download token, now is only implemented into professional edition.
 #46653  by saquib.akhtar

I have created a normal user with read only access to particular folders.
So it can be shared with anyone for just downloading the document via that link.
Is this safe?
 #46661  by jllort

Yes, you are sharing credentials but because is a public user should working as expected. Only consider hiding the option for changing the password in the menus ( you can doing it from profiles -> I think is something named Preferences under Tools menu ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.