• USER ROLE issues

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46553  by saquib.akhtar

When assigning new role to a user, when the user tries to login back he is not able to login and gets error:
com.openkm.core.RepositoryException: PathNotFoundException: 6630f155-3418-4690-9a07-654fba89a9d7 : /okm:trash

Also if i want to hide some folders under root hierarchy for a role or some user then how it will be done?
 #46561  by jllort

All the users must be members of ROLE_USER or ROLE_ADMIN. These roles are using for getting access to the application and also some specific paths like /okm:trash . I suspect in your case you have removed ROLE_USER.

The idea is a users might be member of
ROLE_USER and other roles ( ROLE_MARKETING, etc... )

I suggest take a look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdZdsWBljRU
 #46596  by jllort

Like you set security in windows folders or another system. If user have ROLE_X and ROLE_Y when the folder does not have any of these roles the user will not have access too.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.