• interactive pdf preview

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46530  by nbodake

Hello All,

I am running community version 6.3.6. Everything is working fine except I have few interactive PDF files like web form. You fill some details, select options in it. But when I try to preview it in OpenKM, I see below error:
Please wait...
If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF
viewer may not be able to display this type of document.
You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by
visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.
For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.
Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark
of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other
countries.
Other PDF preview works fine. Kindly provide suggestions.
 #46537  by jllort

It happens in any computer in your network, no? otherwise, check several computers
Can you share with us some of these PDF ? we will try to reproduce the issue.
What is the value of your system.previewer ?
In the user profile do you have enabled the option Acrobat plugin preview ?
 #46551  by nbodake

Unfortunately I cannot provide PDF files as they are data sensitive. Yes, it happens in OpenKM that the preview doesn't work. If I download the PDF and try to open it in Acrobat Reader (latest upgraded version), it works. If I fill the information in PDF and export it, then upload in OpenKM then it shows preview but not with the actual PDF. I also uploaded the file to https://demo.openkm.com and found same error with it.

The value is set as below:
Code: Select all
system.previewer	Select 	flexpaper
I didn't find option to enable Acrobat Preview plugin in user profile. Can you confirm where is it?
 #46560  by jllort

The option is in the main tab ( general tab ).

Without a document for testing, we can not help you. Create a non-sensible document and share with us.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.