• Cannot connect to MYSQL

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46034  by lnovoa

Hi!,
try executed this on database:
Code: Select all
GRANT ALL ON okmdb.* TO UserDatabase@localhost WITH GRANT OPTION;
UserDatabase: you have to modify it.
 #46045  by cdc

Server version: 8.0.11 MySQL Community Server - GPL
 #46050  by lnovoa

That is the cause, the connection driver with the mysql supports up to the previous version.
You have to install the version mysql 5.7.22 and uninstall the current one.

Once done, do the following steps:

1. Stop openkm
2. execute the following as the root user in the bbdd:
Code: Select all
CREATE DATABASE okmdb DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 DEFAULT COLLATE utf8_bin;
CREATE USER openkm@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'password!!';
GRANT ALL ON okmdb.* TO openkm@localhost WITH GRANT OPTION;
3. You delete the tomcat repository directory
4. change in the openkm.cfg
hibernate.hbm2ddl = none -> hibernate.hbm2ddl = create
5. Start tomcat
 #50086  by shinus

hi cdc, can you please let me know how you orted this, i am having the same issue...with mysql 8.0.20, so did you uninstall and install new mysql? an older version?
if so do you have to do the whole process of tomcat installation of again? my tomcat installation is taking huge time..and the extras..
 #50096  by jllort

When you start the application in windows usually it takes a lot of time exploding the OpenKM.war file ( I suggest take a look at the catalina.log file to check the process, in the installation folder there's extras folder what comes with mtail application what it is useful for it purpose ).

Also, I suggest take a look at troubleshooting in the OpenKM MySQL documentation section https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... oting.html
 #52815  by jllort

* What is the error shown in the openkm.log? can you share?
* Check the connection URL ( localhost, port, user, password ), ensure everything is right in the server.xml
* Check if you have enabled SSL or is shown some error in this direction in the openkm.log file ( log usually show relevant information about errors )
* Are OpenKM and MySQL installed on the same server?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.