• Upload documents to external Server

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #45457  by letuandung

Dear,
I has installed Openkm 6.2 - Community Version on my Laptop. Btw, I got another NAS Server which I really want to store all my documents on it.
Can u help me to config, set the upload path to this Server.
Thank you. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
 #45465  by jllort

We do not like much this kind of configuration, take in mind if you lose the connection to the NAS you are losing repository datastore access. Well think of it, but if you want to go ahead you must change the parameter repository.datastore.home ( https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... -home.html ). I suggest only change the datastore do not change the location of index ( lucene search engine ) etc... because the perfomance of it will decrease a lot when it goes across standard network ( in a SAN environment has sense, but in a standard network connection to NAS I can not suggest it ).
 #45482  by letuandung

Dear,
I did try to map NAS as my local driver and set the upload path to it.
But it seems still something wrong when I try to upload something to it, it not responses.
Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.