• How to include folder metadata in index

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #45436  by vmcarranza

Hello,

I am a OpenKM newbie (but experienced Linux admin). I have installed the system (version 6.3.4) on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. it works very well, but I have noticed that the metadata assigned to folders is not being indexed, i.e. does not appear in search results. Is that the normal behaviour? Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks in advance.
 #45452  by jllort

It means the metadata is not shown from search view, or when you search by some metadata value you always get empty results. Some screenshot is welcome.
 #45615  by vmcarranza

Hello, sorry for taking too long to reply.
I have metadata associated to folders, but when I search for any word in any metadata field, I get empty results, or results for the words in the documents inside the folder.
Please see attachments.
Attachments
Simple search, shows only document, not folder.
Simple search, shows only document, not folder.
search0.png (75.1 KiB) Viewed 2102 times
Search in metadata, empty results.
Search in metadata, empty results.
search1.png (53.71 KiB) Viewed 2102 times
metadata1.png
metadata1.png (64.22 KiB) Viewed 2102 times
metadata2 (1).png
metadata2 (1).png (110.49 KiB) Viewed 2102 times
 #45616  by jllort

You have the metadata in the folder, not in the document. You should choose in the basic tab the checkbox folder otherwise will not working.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.