• Error in sending document link as e-mail

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46639  by saquib.akhtar

But under this:
Code: Select all
<Resource name="mail/OpenKM" auth="Container" type="javax.mail.Session"
     mail.transport.protocol="smtp"
     mail.smtp.auth="false"
     mail.smtp.host="172.31.XX.XX"
     mail.smtp.user="XXX@XXXX.com"
     ***password="XXXXX"***
     mail.smtp.from="XXX@XXX.com"
     mail.smtp.starttls.enable="false"
     mail.port="5555"
     mail.smtp.port="5555"
     mail.debug="true"
/>
I have already defined the password for okmAdmin account and I want to connect it to port 5555/tcp and I have permitted to deliver mails via that port without any authentication.
 #46643  by jllort

Try the configuration into standard mail client to be sure that really the server does not require authentication because the error in the logs tells another thing.
 #46652  by saquib.akhtar

Yes I have tried doing it into standard mail client for sending mail via port 5555.
When I have provided details for the mail id and password under :

password="XXXXX"

then also I am getting error when sending message from okmAdmin account.
Why?
 #46662  by jllort

You have some wrong configuration in the mail account or mail server. Should investigate in this direction and until you do not get running in you windows clients does not try into OpenKM, you will get the same result.
 #46678  by saquib.akhtar

I have tried everything, It's working in fine in my web server which sends mail via same configuration using 5555 port.
But here it is creating me a problem.
My point is that when I have supplied password in the
password="XXXXX"

then why it is prompting for authentication required, at least it should send mail from that mail account for which it is configured.
 #46695  by jllort

What I will write now might sound stupid, but consider or you have done something wrong in the server.xml or in the mail configuration service. You are looking from this forum some kind of magic response what, at least, I do not have. There's a lot of OpenKM community users who are using without issues the mail configuration into the server.xml and also customers of the professional version and always I found some issue there or was a problem with mail server configuration ( the error in the log usually is clear ) or wrong configuration in the server.xml

I suggest trying with Gmail server or another mail to advance trying some change. Also, consider the mail server has a log what might help you if you really take control of this mail server.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.