• Ldap Configuration

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #45317  by f_behshti

Hi all,
I have successfully installed openkm 6.3.2 and after change in ldap parameter of configuration view and OpenKM.cfg file i'm not able to login with ldap user so that i change OpenKM.cfg file to original file and after login with okmAdmin user I get a blank page in openkm apllicataion!
There is a way to solve it?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (27.96 KiB) Viewed 3650 times
 #45326  by jllort

The latest OpenKM version is the 6.3.4 I suggest if it's a clean installation go for it.

About ldap my suggestion is first go for administration parameters and at the end change OpenKM.xml
Always I suggest this section of the documentation for LDAP integration https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... roles.html

Do you installed with mysql or embeded database ( to revert it, is necessary understanding what is your scenario ). The easies is clean entire repository and restart, you can do it changing OpenKM.cfg value for hibernate.hbdmll=create and restart OpenKM ( remember this action will reset all the previous installations, and any previously document etc... will be deleted ).
 #45403  by afurtado

Were you able to get yours working? I am banging my head against the wall here trying to get my LDAP to work.
 #45419  by jllort

Hi afortunado.

You must go step by step. First try to configure OpenKM parameters from administration -> from there you should retrieve user and roles list from administration. When you success on it ( what is the most easiest step ) then you can go with authentication integration.

If you share with us your configuration parameter from administration view, we can do a quick check ( do not share the passwords ).
 #50036  by ametcalfe

I am having a similar problem:
4 alex.metcalfe Alex Metcalfe alex.metcalfe@******* ROLE_ADMIN ROLE_AUTHOR ROLE_USER Default

openKM finds the users and their attributes via LDAP, but I am unable to login with LDAP.

This is a fresh install of 6.3.9 and only changes are the recommended ones to get LDAP working.

Are there any exta modules I need install, or something else not mentioned in the documentation?
 #50039  by ametcalfe

Ok. The solution was also to modify the Openkm.xml file, as well as make the changes in the front end. The changes that need to be made were not really documented properly at all, and raises the question why the same information needs to be given in multiple places.
 #50048  by jllort

The reason is easy to explain. You must login to AD but at the same time, you need to list document and groups from your AD. These two action are totally separated and have not a direct relation between them. That's why you have in the documentation a section what talks about OpenKM.xml ( for login ) and Configuration parameters ( to retrieve users and role list ).

Login is done in real time, the users and roles lists are cached to do not overload the AD. The cached values are refreshed automatically each 30-40 minutes or you can reset from Administration > Tools > Cache stats

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.