• Enabled Dropbox, but not seeing in Tools menu

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44961  by dferguson

I have enabled Dropbox using the database query and enabling in the profile, but I am not seeing the Dropbox item in the Tools menu. Is this a CE vs Pro issue? I am using the CE 6.3 and the documentation seems to imply that I can use the Dropbox feature, but its not showing up?
 #44973  by jllort

I think we had removed in version 6.3.3. The reason is because Dropbox made a change ( I do not remember if was on API level or also in the way of what is done the authentication ) and we had decided discontinue the maintenance of it. I think in professional edition, the users of version 6.4 still have it running but in version 7 sure will be removed. If you want to work on it in community edition we can try to guide you how to get the old code and how should be converted.

Anyway, after several years OpenKM technical team staff we think we must focust our effors into what is the core of the DMS and do not spend time on this kind of features, what use few people and what really consumes a lot of time and future maintenance might be hard. We have had bad experiences not only with dropbox, also for example with google docs what now is google drive. This integrations force us include a lot of dependences in the code etc... at the present we think is bad idea do direct integration with OpenKM core. We think is better an external tool for doing it, better maintenance is somebody want to work on it, does not affect the OpenKM core and everything is enclosed.

As I said, if you want to work on it, we will be please to help you on it, but what is sure is that we will not expend time on future maintenance of these kind of features. Next improvement will go in direction of better automation based in plugin system etc...
 #44992  by dferguson

I completely understand. Instead of trying to muck around in the source code, I think I might focus my efforts on another solution. Ultimately I just want to mirror some repository items in a local file location for our service personnel to consume. I believe I can do this with any number of other solutions.

Thanks for the reply.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.