• Enable ftp server

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44844  by maniachhz

Dear all,

I installed the OpenKM (Version: 6.3.2 (build: 8289) on Debian 8, anything is well except two bellow:

1. I want to enable ftp server, but it doesnt work. I executed command on the server: netstat -an
I didn't find the port 2121, can you tell how to enable ftp server?
ftp_enable_setup.png
ftp_enable_setup.png (5.29 KiB) Viewed 3395 times
netstat_an.png
netstat_an.png (21.78 KiB) Viewed 3395 times
2. I create one directory under the Taxonomy for sharing with staff, the directory is just for storing documents, so i want to disable the document version numeration, can you tell me how to disable the document version numeration on this directory?

Thanks.
 #44858  by jllort

Community version comes without ftp service.
 #44863  by maniachhz

Dear jllort ,

Can you tell me how to disable versioning all files in the specified directory?

I want to create one directory which only for sharing, not need t versioning.

Thanks.
 #44869  by jllort

You can not disable version, but you can lock the documents -> that means these documents will not be able to be modified ( what is your wish ). You can do it automatically with an automation linked with some specific folder.

If you are interested in automation feature tell us and I will try to guide you on it ( you need some JAVA skill for doing it ).
 #44880  by maniachhz

Dear Jllort,
You can not disable version, but you can lock the documents -> that means these documents will not be able to be modified ( what is your wish ).
No, acttually, I wish the directory like FTP, does not tracks the version. This way (not track the version) will save the hard disk space.

Any sugguestions?

Thanks.
 #44889  by jllort

I think you have a missunderstanding about how OpenKM works. Althought you watch files without version across FTP service, really behind it there's OpenKM what it stores document version.

What you want is to restrict a couple of files ( based on folder location or similar logic ) to have only a single version. For it you must use automation, you have two option:
1- lock documents ( prevent change the actual version )
2- purge history of versions after a document change

Both things can be done automatically by openkm with automation feature.
 #44896  by maniachhz

1- lock documents ( prevent change the actual version )
2- purge history of versions after a document change

Both things can be done automatically by openkm with automation feature.
Ok. Thank you very much.

I will take a look about automation feature on Wiki.
If haing any qustions, i would let you know.

Thank you.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.