• Setting up automatic document sync on my test OpenKM server similar to demo server

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44835  by mohan.pl

Hello,

I have just installed OpenKM on a Digital Ocean based Ubuntu server, and it is working great. Thank you for the fantastic installation docs; made things really simple.

I was hoping someone could guide me to enable the java applet based sync feature I saw in the demo, but am unable to use on my server.

I tried searching on the forum before posting, but couldn't find any relevant threads; I suspect it is because I do not know what the right keywords are, and would appreciate it if you could point me to the correct thread.

This is what I mean:

In the demo, when I click on edit, the server sends me a java file as well as the test document. When I finish editing the test document & save it, the java application automatically uploads the revised version to the server. At this point, on the demo server, I could right click on the filename, click update, and the server would automagically integrate my changes.

However, on my digitalocean install, when I click on edit, the server sends me the file, but not the java app that is enabling the automatic sync. What should I do / change / install to enable this feature on my test server?

Thank you so much, again, for offering this software & allowing others to test & try it! :)

Mohan

Edit:
My system:

Digital ocean droplet (4GB ram; 60 TB HDD); Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
OpenKM version: 6.3.4 (build 47204ef)

Installation ID
258dda0b-a88d-41d8-9e05-9df3fd39c312
 #44847  by jllort

Live edit is only available from professional version. About all applets we have discontinued them ( almost moved to websocket technology ) because browser will no longer support it.

About sync we have an old application what should need some extra woking, take a look here https://github.com/openkm/ ( you are welcome on working with desktop sync ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.